(Great Western Main Line)
Ealing Broadway was opened, as Ealing, by the GWR in 1838 on it's broad gauge line between Paddington and Taplow. The station was renamed Ealing Broadway in 1875, a couple of years later the District Railway opened a station just to the North of the GWR one, what is now Ealing Broadway tube station. Nowadays this is a terminus of the Central and District Lines.
The original GWR station was demolished in 1961 and replaced by a new building with a single ticket office for National Rail (British Railways in those days of course) and Underground lines. The main line part of Ealing Broadway has four platforms though only two (platforms three and four) are in regular use.
Ealing Broadway is served by GWR and TfL Rail. In future it will also be a stop on the Elizabeth Line. Heathrow Express also calls at the station though this is now run by GWR.
|Heathrow Express 332 012 departs the station|
|The LU station is next to the NR one|
|GWR 165 131 arrives with a Paddington bound service|
|GWR 165 134|
|View down the platform|
|GWR 166 215 departs|