|Type:||Transport for London
Edgware Road was the original Northern terminus of the Baker Street & Waterloo Railway (later known as the Bakerloo Line) which opened in 1907. The line opened before the station was finished however and trains terminated at Marylebone for a few months  before Edgware Road finally opened.
There were a number of ideas for extending the railway beyond Edgware Road and in the end the line the scheme chose was to extend to Paddington and beyond in the early 1910s, Edgware Road became a through station in 1913 . Access to the platforms from the ticket hall is via lifts or 125 steps. The station was closed for a number of months in 2013 for lift refurbishment.
There have been proposals to rename this station to end confusion with the other Edgware Road though so far they have come to naught.
|A Bakerloo Line train prepares to depart North|
|Brown and cream tiles are the predominate colour scheme underground|
|Access to the platforms from the ticket hall is via lifts or a lot of steps!|
|Former ticket counter|
 Mike Horne, The Bakerloo Line (Capital Transport, 2001) p. 20
 Jason Cross, London Underground Guide 2017 (Train Crazy, 2017) p. 119