(Holywell Branch Line)
Holywell Junction, which opened in 1848, was not that close to the town so the London & North Western Railway opened a branch line in 1912 that ran up a one in twenty-seven gradient to Holywell. The line followed much of the route of the Holywell Railway Company  line from Holywell Junction to industries North of Holywell though the Holywell Railway had never managed to get the line to Holywell itself. The station had a single platform with wooden shelters but also had goods facilities and a run-round loop.
Although custom on the line was reasonable the station the line was closed in 1954 following a decline in service during and after the Second World War. Holywell Junction was also closed in the following decade.
|LNWR officials at the opening of the station |
|Holywell Town |
 "Opening of a branch line of the L and NW Railway", Railway Times (July 6 1912) p. 13