|Type:||Transport for London
(Bakerloo Line &
The station was opened by the London & North Western Railway in 1916 on it's electrified line from London Euston to Watford. The station was also served by the Bakerloo Line from opening (the extension of the line from Queen's Park to Willesden Junction having been open since 1915)  and indeed was only served by the Bakerloo Line for the first five years . Since 2007 National Rail services on the Watford DC line have been run by London Overground.
The line is in a cutting with tunnels just to the North of the station, there is a station building on the surface (and above the mouths of the tunnels). The original building was replaced by a new building in 1980 . The platforms are largely unchanged from opening.
|Bakerloo Line 72ts 3535 prepares to depart North|
|View from the footbridge|
|Tunnels just to the North of the station|
|Looking toward Central London|
|Steps down to the platform|
 Mike Horne, The Bakerloo Line (Capital Transport, 2001) p. 33
 Keith Scholey, Euston to Harrow & Wealdstone (Middleton Press, 2002) Map. IX
 Ibid. Fig. 65