|Cross Country 170 106 heads through the station|
|Type:||National Rail (Birmingham-Derby Line)|
The station was opened as Wilnecote and Fazeley in 1842 by the Birmingham and Derby Junction Railway, the name was shortened to Wilnecote in 1904 . The station is situated on Watling Street as it passes to the South of Tamworth. The station is in a cutting with access to the platforms via the road which crosses the railway. The station did not have a goods yard itself but was next to a brick works which had sidings.
The station used to have brick platform buildings though these were lost in the 1970s and replaced with the usual bus shelters . The station is managed by West Midlands Railway but unstaffed, Cross Country provide all services.
|View down the platform, Watling Street bridge can be seen in the background|
|View from the bridge|
|View down the platform|
|A Cross Country service passes through|
|Cross Country 170 115 passes through|
 Ibid. Fig. 63