(Merseyrail Northern Line)
|Opened:||1864 (Closed 1972)|
St Michael's (notice the apostrophe) was opened by the Garston & Liverpool Railway in 1864 on it's line between Brunswick and Garston Dock. The station was closed in 1972 though was re-opened just six years later as part of the Merseyrail route from Kirkby to Garston.
Marks & Spencer helped fund the re-opening of the station because of their "St Michaels" brand name. St Michaels is now on the Merseyrail Northern Line between Hunts Cross and Southport. At peak times it is served every fifteen minutes in each direction. St Michaels is in a cutting with the station building at road level. There are stepped ramps down to each platform.
|Merseyrail 507 011 arrives with a Southport bound service|
|View down the platform in the direction of Liverpool|
|Merseyrail 507 025 waits at St Michaels|
|Stepped ramps down to the platforms|
|View down the ramp|
|A Merseyrail train departs for Hunts Cross|