The station was opened by the Great Western Railway as Cosford Aerodrome Halt in 1937 to serve the then-new Royal Airforce Base (which actually opened in 1938). The station was renamed Cosford in 1940. The station was originally on the GWR route between London Paddington and Birkenhead via Birmingham Snow Hill. After the closure of the original Snow Hill in the late 1960s trains ran to Cosford via Birmingham New Street instead.
The station was rebuilt in 2011-12 with new platforms replacing the original 1930s wooden platforms. The station is managed by West Midlands Railway who provide most services though a small number of Transport for Wales services also stop at the station.
|A West Midlands Railway train arrives|
|View down the platform|
|A TfW service passes through|