The line between Hatton and Bearley was doubled in 1938, a new station was built to the West of the original  with a second platform being added at Claverdon (the second line followed the alignment of the old goods loop, a new goods siding was also laid to replace the loop). New station buildings were built at the same time which in most cases still exist though not all now in railway ownership. The second track was lifted in 1969, the former platform still exists. The goods facilities are also now long gone.
Claverdon is now an unmanned halt though in the 1920s had a station master and two porters . Claverdon is served by Chiltern Railways (mostly between Leamington and Stratford though some services go on through to London Marylebone). West Midlands Trains also stop at Claverdon once a day.
|View of the platform from a road bridge|
|The former second platform can be seen on the left|
|Looking down the platform, the old station was the other side of the bridge|
 Vic Mitchell & Keith Smith, Stratford-upon-Avon to Birmingham (Moor Street) (Middleton Press, 2006) Map. III
 Colin G. Maggs, The Branch Lines of Warwickshire (Amberley, 2011) p. 123
 Mitchell & Smith. Fig. 6