Heyford (HYD)

Heyford serves the village of Lower Heyford in Oxfordshire and is a station on the Cherwell Valley Line between Banbury and Oxford.

Information
Type: National Rail
(Cherwell Valley Line)
Station code: HYD
Opened: 1850
Platforms: 2
The station was opened in 1850 by the Oxford & Rugby Railway and later became part of the Great Western Railway empire. Nowadays it is managed by GWR too (well its modern day namesake anyway). Most trains that stop at the station are GWR services that run between Banbury and Oxford though some also go through to London Paddington. Chiltern Railways also stop at the station once a day.

The station is a typical minor unmanned station and has various bus shelters, a footbridge and a car park. The station is next to Heyford Wharf on the Oxford Canal and one can step straight from the platform onto the towpath.
GWR 165 118 departs on an Oxford service

Heyford canal wharf adjacent to the station

Platform view from the footbridge

Platform shelter

GWR 165 118 arrives with a Banbury service