(Chiltern Main Line) &
Preserved Railway (CPRR)
The Watlington and Princes Risborough Railway also reached the station in 1872 with a line from Watlington. This was also later absorbed by the GWR but the line closed to passenger use in the 1950s and entirely in 1989. Parts of the line were later reopened as the preserved Chinnor and Princes Risborough Railway and in 2018 the preserved line finally returned to Princes Risborough  and operate services via a newly built platform 4 to Chinnor.
Major rebuilding of the station took place in 1905 when the Great Central Railway and GWR built a new route to avoid the GCR using Metropolitan Railway metals, part of the scheme being the upgrading of the existing line through Princes Risborough. Most of the station's structures date from this rebuilding. The station had a goods yard but it closed in 1966 . A route to Oxford also ran from Princes Risborough but this was closed in 1963.
The station was reduced to a single platform (with a bay) for a long time (London Marylebone of course was threatened with closure in the 1970s and 80s) but in 1999 a new platform was built for down services (and a new footbridge) and also a new through line for none-stopping services has been restored.
Princes Risborough is a busy station with regular Chiltern Railway services to and from London Marylebone to Aylesbury, Banbury and Birmingham Moor Street. Four platforms are in use with some Aylesbury-Princes Risborough services stopping at the bay Platform 1. Access between the other platforms is via a footbridge.
|Chiltern 165 002 pauses at Platform 2|
|Main station building|
|A Chiltern 165 arrives|
|The CPRR now share the station|
|View from the footbridge|
|CPRR platform during final construction|
 Vic Mitchell & Keith Smith, Princes Risborough to Banbury (Middleton Press, 2002) p. 2
 "Reaching Princes Risborough", CPRR Website <http://www.chinnorrailway.co.uk/product.php/79//27b10091d42e3b564feeedb12d8e80e6>
 Vic Mitchell & Keith Smith, Branch Lines to Princes Risborough (Middleton Press, 2003) Fig. 113