|Type:||Transport for London
When Chesham station was opened by the Metropolitan Railway in 1889 the original intention was to keep going to Tring and connect to the LNWR London Euston-Birmingham line (what is now called the West Coast Main Line). However instead the Metropolitan decided to continue on through Aylesbury instead.
Chesham remained a branch line terminus and had a goods yard and 2 platforms though the former closed in 1966 and one of the platforms in 1970. Chesham retains much of its original Metropolitan Railway feel though with a preserved signal box, station canopy and even a water tower - though the days of steam hauled trains to Chesham ended in the early 1960s as the remaining portions of the Metropolitan Line were electrified.
Up until the introduction of S8 Stock the Chesham branch was served by a shuttle of A Stock that ran between Chesham and Chalfont & Latimer. However now through trains run from Chesham to central London.
|A S8 Stock train departs for Aldgate|
|The end of the line, the furthest rails on the Underground|
|Preserved signal box|
|Water tower and station canopy|