(Ecclesbourne Valley Railway)
|Opened:||1867 (Closed 1964)
The station was closed for passenger use as a fuel saving measure in the Second World War though goods facilities continued to be available until 1964. The line closed completely in 1989 but happily was re-opened when the Ecclesbourne Valley Railway took over the line. Idridgehay was re-opened as a station in 2008.
There used to be a booking hall and crossing keeper's house at the station, the buildings still exist but these are now private houses. The level crossing has been restored and is usually operated by the guard on EVR services.
The solar panels from a 1980s British Rail trial into powering level crossing lights are still extant opposite the platform, and indeed still work!
|33 103 passes through the level crossing|
|View of the platform|
|D8098 with a Wirksworth bound service|
|Looking up towards the level crossing, the BR solar panels are on the right|
|Most services on the EVR are operated by heritage DMUs|