Chalfont and Latimer (CFO)

Chalfont & Latimer is a stop on the Metropolitan Line in Buckinghamshire serving the villages of Chalfont St Giles, Chalfont St Peter, Little Chalfont (where the station actually is) and the village of Latimer.

Type: Transport for London
(Metropolitan Line) &
National Rail (London
to Aylesbury Line)
Station code: CFO
Opened: 1889
Platforms: 3
The station was opened by the Metropolitan Railway as Chalfont Road [1] in 1889 on it's extension to Chesham. The station became a junction in 1892 when the line was extended to Aylesbury, the line to Chesham becoming a branch line. Chalfont & Latimer used to the terminus of services along the branch before the London Underground introduced through running of the branch to London with the arrival of S8 Stock. The bay platform is no longer in use though still exists and is sometimes used for stock storage.

The station was renamed Chalfont & Latimer in 1915. It was served by steam hauled Metropolitan Line trains (the changeover from electric to steam being at Rickmansworth). The line was electrified through to Amersham in 1961. The station also handled freight with a coal yard behind the station for domestic consumption [2]. The goods yard closed in 1966.

The station is also served by Chiltern Railways services between Aylesbury and London Marylebone. The station is managed however by Transport for London.
An Amersham bound Metropolitan Line service arrives at the station

Look down the platform, the main station building is on the right

LU station roundel, the former bay platform is behind

Chiltern Railways 168 323 at the station

A London bound S8 Stock train arrives

This way for Chesham

[1] Jason Cross, London Underground Guide 2017 (Train Crazy, 2017) p. 109
[2] John Scott Morgan, London Underground in Colour since 1955 (Ian Allan, 2013) p. 33