|Type:||Transport for London
(Circle & District Lines)
However this station did not last long, it was replaced in 1884 by Mark Lane a little further to the West . This was due to the District Railway (with whom the Metropolitan had jointly built the line and the new larger station) not wanting to contribute to the cost of the original station .
This station was renamed Tower Hill in 1946 but was closed in 1967 to be replaced by a new Tower Hill built on the site of the original station. The station has three platforms, one being for terminating trains from the West (usually District Line trains from Wimbledon).
The station is very close to London Fenchurch Street and Tower Gateway DLR stations.
|Entrance to the subterranean ticket hall|
|A District Line S7 train waits at the station|
|Waiting to depart|
|Look down the platform|
 Jason Cross, London Underground Guide 2017 (Train Crazy, 2017) p. 161
 Desmond F. Coombe, The Circle Line (Capital Transport, 2003) p. 23