|43 050 heads through Loughborough on the last day of East Midlands Trains operation|
|Type:||National Rail (Midland Main Line)|
The station was opened in 1872 by the Midland Railway though was not Loughborough's first station (this was opened in 1840 to the South). The station retains much of it's Midlands Railway architecture (and is Grade II listed) though the canopies have been reduced. The station was known as Loughborough Midland while the town had three stations (the others being Loughborough Derby Road and Loughborough Central).
The station had two platforms on the two fast lines but in 1993 a third platform was added on one of the slow lines to serve Ivanhoe Line services. Platforms to serve an extension of the Great Central preserved railway (which now uses Loughborough Central) are planned.
The station is managed by East Midlands Railway who took over from East Midlands Railway in August 2019.
|Main station building|
|EMT 222 001 arrives|
|Platforms 3 and 2|
|An EMT HST passes through|