(Watlington & Princes
It served the Oxfordshire hamlet of Wainhill and was built next to a level crossing, hence the name. The halt had very basic facilities, consisting of a wooden hut and a short low platform. Next to the station was a house for the crossing keeper. The crossing keeper was also responsible for maintaining the station (which mostly entailed lighting oil lamps).
Passenger services were withdrawn along the line in 1957 and the halt was closed (freight traffic continued along the line into the late 1980s). The line was later reopened as the Chinnor & Princes Risborough Railway though Wainhill Crossing has not been re-opened. The halt has been restored to it's original condition, the hut shelter is now used by a volunteer gatekeeper when the railway is operating . The former crossing keeper's house is now a private dwelling.
|Two views of the halt from a passing train|
|The closed halt is well maintained|
 Vic Mitchell & Keith Smith, Branch Lines to Princes Risborough (Middleton Press, 2003) Fig. 104
 Brian J Dickson, The Watlington Branch of the Great Western Railway (CPRRA, 2014) p. 31