The station on the North Warwickshire Line, from Birmingham to Cheltenham Spa via Stratford-upon-Avon, was opened in 1908. The first station and line was closed during the First World War.
Henley-in-Arden used to have three platforms with one platform for trains terminating from Birmingham though only two are in use now, the station's sidings and signalbox are now gone though the bay platform remained in use until the early 2000s . Henley-in-Arden's original station building survives though is unused and boarded up. The station is now unstaffed.
Lifts and a new footbridge were built in 2014. The station is managed and served by West Midlands Railway.
|WMR 172 341 departs heading for Stratford-upon-Avon|
|GWR style nameboard, the station is well maintained|
|Main station building|
|New footbridge and lifts|
|Looking up towards Birmingham|
 Vic Mitchell & Keith Smith, Stratford-upon-Avon to Birmingham Moor Street (Middleton Press, 2006), Fig. 50
 Ibid. Fig. 47