(Merseyrail Wirral Line)
The line to West Kirby from Birkenhead was electrified by the LMS using 650v DC third rail in 1938. Art Deco concrete canopies were built over the platform which remain to the present day. The line to Hooton was closed in 1956, West Kirby's goods yard closed in 1965 though a siding remains for stock storage .
All services are operated by Merseyrail with trains to Liverpool every 15 minutes at peak times.
|Merseyrail 507 016 arrives at West Kirby|
|View down the platform, the original station stands where the fire station is now on the right|
 Jonathan Cadwallader & Martin Jenkins, Merseyside Electrics (Ian Allan, 2010) p. 74
 Vic Mitchell & Keith Smith, Birkenhead to West Kirby (Middleton Press, 2014) map. XIV
 Ibid. figp. 64