(Chinnor & Princes
|Opened:||1872 (Closed 1957)|
The original station was demolished after the cessation of passenger traffic. The current station dates from 1994 and was a rebuild of the original building with a main difference being the layout of the chimneys . The station is the headquarters of the railway and host to its storage sidings and yard.
The current Chinnor platform is the opposite side of the line to the original station so passengers need to cross the track, this allows for interesting views of trains at the station. At the moment Chinnor remains the only station on the CPRR though soon a platform at Princes Risborough will be re-opened allowing interchange with the main line.
|The CPRR is home to preserved 3-CEP 1198. As there is no third rail it has to be diesel hauled!|
|One of the CPRR Class 08 shunts through Chinnor|
|Chinnor signal box|
|Visitor Class 20 D8188 at a recent gala|
|Chinnor is also host to steam hauled services|
|One of the CPRR bubble cars pulls into Chinnor|
 Brian J. Dickson, The Watlington Branch of the Great Western Railway (CPRR Association, 2014) p. 6
 Ibid. p. 30