(Erewash Valley Line)
|Opened:||1847 (Closed 1967)|
The station was closed in 1967 due to Beeching cuts though the line it was on remained intact. The station was re-opened as Langley Mill in 1986 thanks to support from the various local councils.
The original station had two platforms facing each other, due to commercial development on the site of one of the old platforms the new station had staggered platforms either side of a railway bridge across Station Road , access to the platforms via a ramp or stairs the road level below. Langley Mill is served by Northern and East Midlands Trains.
|Northern 158 850 with a Nottingham bound service|
|A Northern service departs|
|The platforms are staggered either side of a bridge|
|The two platforms are either side of this bridge|
|Another view of one platform to the other|
|Northern 158 853 arrives|
 Vic Mitchell & Keith Smith, Ilkeston to Chesterfield (Middleton Press, 2019) Fig. 15
 Ibid. 23