(Shakespeare Line &
Leamington - Stratford Line)
The main line from Birmingham to Cheltenham was opened in 1908 and Stratford-upon-Avon was expanded, a third platform added. All three platforms remain open though platform 3 is only used occasionally these days. A track cross over has been retained South of platforms 1 and 2 for use by locomotives (often steam) on excursions to run around the train.
Passenger services South of Stratford which began in 1911 ended in 1968 though the line remained open for freight until 1976. The station was improved in 2015 with a second footbridge with lifts added. Other improvements to the station are planned.
|Chiltern 165 008 underneath the original footbridge|
|Steps up the new footbridge|
|Platform view, both bridges can be seen|
|Both London Midland and Chiltern Railways serve the station|
 Colin G. Maggs, The Branch Lines of Warwickshire (Amberley, 2011) p. 122
 Vic Mitchell & Keith Smith, Stratford-upon-Avon to Birmingham (Moor Street) (Middleton Press, 2006) p. IX