Golders Green (ZGG)

Information
Type: Transport for London
(Northern Line)
Station code: ZGG
Opened: 1907
Golders Green is a station on the Edgware Branch of the Northern Line in North London and is a transport hub with an adjacent bus and coach station. The station was originally opened in 1907 by the Charing Cross, Euston & Hampstead Railway as a terminus.

The line was extended North in 1923. North of the station is Brent Cross with Hampstead being to the South of the station. An incompleted station is in between Golders Green and Hampstead, this was North End which was abandoned in 1906, though what was completed still remains and is used for storage [1]. Golders Green is the first station on this branch of the Northern Line to be in open air leaving London.

Golders Green was also home to a depot for the railway and this remains, though for the Northern Line these days, and is where most overhaul and maintenance work takes place on the line [2]. The station has 5 platforms (1 is unused) and 3 through roads.
Station canopies

Northern Line train departs

Approaching the station

[1] Ben Pedroche, Do Not Alight Here (Capital History, 2011) p. 134
[2] John Glover, ABC London Underground (Ian Allan, 1997) p. 41