(Merseyrail Wirral Line)
The station passed into LMS ownership and the line it was on was electrified in 1938. Through trains to Liverpool Central also began. The station buildings were rebuilt at the same time in the concrete style also used elsewhere on the line to West Kirby. A footbridge was added next to the level crossing.
The station is now operated by Merseyrail. A level crossing is at one end of the station though the signalbox which once controlled it has now gone. The station has a staffed booking office.
|Merseyrail 507 028 arrives with a Liverpool bound service|
|Footbridge with the level crossing beyond|
|Platform waiting room|
|Merseyrail 507 033 departs bound for West Kirby|
|Alight at Leasowe for Wirral Coastal Park|
 Vic Mitchell & Keith Smith, Birkenhead to West Kirby (Middleton Press, 2014) Map. X
 Jonathan Cadwallader & Martin Jenkins, Merseyside Electrics (Ian Allan, 2010) p. 70