|Type:||National Rail (Portsmouth Direct,
North Down & New Guildford Lines)
The station was opened in 1845 by the London & South Western Railway. Southern Railway electrified the line to Guildford in 1925  (though it had been part of LSWR plans before grouping). The station was enlarged and rebuilt in 1880 with another rebuilding by British Rail in 1980.
The station has 8 platforms though Platform 7 is not in use. Access between the platforms is either via a footbridge or a subway. Guildford is a busy station used by over 8 million passengers a year. Most services are by South West Trains with Great Western Railway, Southern and Cross Country also calling at the station.
|SWT 450 088 stands at the station under the footbridge|
|A SWT Class 456 stands at the station|
|Station sign still showing now defunct Redstar parcel service logo|
|SWT 455 727|
 David Brown, Southern Electric Vol 1 (Capital Transport, 2010) p. 42