(Merseyrail Wirral Line)
The station was renamed Birkenhead North in 1926 by the London, Midland & Scottish Railway (LMS). In 1938 the Wirral Railway, including at Birkenhead North, was electrified with the LMS third rail system .
Birkenhead North has retained three platforms since opening though one platform sees little use nowadays apart from trains in transit to and from the adjacent depot. In the 1970s services from Wrexham did come as far as Birkenhead North however since 1978 these services have terminated at Bidston. The station is now operated by Merseyrail and had a ticket office and over six hundred parking spaces as part of a Park & Ride service.
|Merseyrail 507 005 and 508 138 cross at Birkenhead North|
|Main platform building, secure cycle storage is available|
|Merseyrail 508 127 heading South|
|Merseyrail 508 127|
|Looking down towards Birkenhead|
|Another view of 508 138|
 Vic Mitchell & Keith Smith, Birkenhead to West Kirby (Middleton Press, 2014) Fig. 15