Hatton (HTN)

Hatton sits at the junction of the Chiltern Main Line and a branch line to Stratford-upon-Avon. The station is in between Lapworth and Warwick Parkway.

Information
Type: National Rail
(Chiltern Main Line)
Station code: HTN
Opened: 1852
Platforms: 3
The station was opened by the Birmingham & Oxford Junction Railway in 1852 at Hatton Junction. Later on it was owned by the Great Western Railway. The station was pretty extensive with brick buildings on both platforms (one being an island platform for the main and the branch) with canopies [1]. The station also had a goods yard and a turntable.

Hatton also once served a further branch to Alcester (via Bearley) though this line has now closed.

Nowadays the station is an unmanned halt with just a couple of bus shelters, a footbridge and a permit to travel machine. The railway lines still exist though but most trains do not stop at the station these days but it is still pretty well connected with three platforms in use.

During the day there are services between Birmingham Moor Street and Leamington Spa every couple of hours and regular services between Leamington Spa and Stratford-upon-Avon. There are also a few services through to Worcester and London Marylebone in the mornings and evenings. Most services are operated by Chiltern Railways (who manage the station) with a few by West Midlands Railways.
Chiltern 168 113 passes through

General view of the station

The Leamington train prepares to depart

Footbridge

Station sign

Shelter on the island platform

[1] Vic Mitchell & Keith Smith, Stratford-upon-Avon to Birmingham (Moor Street) (Middleton Press, 2006) Fig. 3