|SWR 450 558 arrives with an Ascot bound service|
|Type:||National Rail (Alton Line and Ascot to Guildford Line)|
The station was opened as North Camp & Ash Vale in 1870 by the London & South Western Railway. The name was changed to Ash Vale in 1924  (the actual North Camp station is a few hundred metres away on the North Downs Line).
The original station buildings were demolished in 1972  due to subsidence with a new main building built as a replacement. The station, which is on an embankment with ground level access, is managed by South Western Railway.
|SWR 450 118 arrives at Ash Vale|
|View down the platforms|
|Both platforms have canopies|
 Vic Mitchell & Keith Smith, Woking to Alton (Middleton Press, 1988) Fig. 37
 Ibid. Fig. 43