Long Eaton (LGE)

Long Eaton is a stop on the Midland Main Line in Derbyshire between Spondon and Attenborough and is the fourth station to have this name.

Information
Type: National Rail
(Midland Main Line)
Station code: LGE
Opened: 1888
Platforms: 2
The original Long Eaton station was opened by the Midland Counties Railway in 1839. This station was replaced by one called Trent in 1862 which closed in 1968. A second Long Eaton station was opened on the Erewash Valley Line in 1847 which was in turn replaced by another station in 1863.

Later on a station called Sawley Junction was opened in 1888. When the third generation Long Eaton station was closed in 1967 Sawley Junction (by now called Sawley Junction for Long Eaton) was renamed Long Eaton the following year. This is the station which is still in use now!

The station is an elevated section of track with ramps down from each platform to street level. Here there is ticket office. The station is served by East Midlands Trains and Cross Country.
XC 170 112 departs bound for Nottingham

Long Eaton on a wet day

Ticket office

This EMT train has just left Long Eaton

Down to street level