Sevenoaks (SEV)

Sevenoaks serves the town of the same name in Western Kent. The station is on the South Eastern Main and Hastings Lines.

Type: National Rail
(South Eastern Main Line &
Hastings Line)
Station code: SEV
Opened: 1868
Platforms: 4
The station was opened as Sevenoaks Tubs Hill by the South Eastern Railway in 1868. However it was not the first station in the town, it was preceded by another station called Sevenoaks Bat & Ball located in the North of the town which opened in 1862. That station was re-named later on and is now just Bat & Ball. Sevenoaks, which is much more central in the town, did not lose the "Tubs Hill" part of its name until 1950. Sevenoaks became part of the Southern Railway DC third-rail electrified network in 1935.

It has always a busy station with services to London (Charing Cross and Cannon Street), Tunbridge Wells, Folkestone and Hastings amongst others. It had 8 platforms and 4 through lines at one stage though has been reduced to 4 platforms now. The station was rebuilt in the 1970s which is when the current ticket office was constructed.
Thameslink 700 044
Southeastern 375 623 with a London bound service

General view of the platforms

View down the line

Southeastern 376 023 arrives with a terminating service from London