(South Eastern Main Line)
The station was opened by the South Eastern Railway in 1866 though most of the current structure dates from port-war rebuilding, the original train shed being demolished in the late 1950s. The two Thames facing towers which once flanked the shed remain and are along the few remnants of the original structure.
Closure of the station was mooted in the 1980s with the station having a reduced service for many years including no Sunday or evening services. Though in 2015 Cannon Street became a 7-days a week station again. All services from the station are operated by Southeastern though the station itself is managed by Network Rail. Next to the station is a London Underground station of the same name.
|Southeastern 376 003 stands at Cannon St|
|Main concourse on a Saturday mid-morning, not the busiest of the London termini!|
|Southeastern 376 017 and 012|