|Type:||National Rail (West Coast
The station was opened by the London & North West Railway in 1847 originally with just 2 platforms but with later extensions and rebuildings in 1873 and 1915 when the current station buildings were built. In 1924 it was renamed Nuneaton Trent Valley to distinguish it from the Midland Railway station Nuneaton Abbey Street but reverted to just Nuneaton when that other station closed in 1969.
Two new platforms were built in 2004 for services between Birmingham and Leicester (and onto Stansted Airport) so these services no longer had to cross the WCML. Nuneaton is served by Virgin Trains, London Midland and Cross Country.
|Virgin Trains service stops at the station|
|Station view showing the original shelters and ironwork|
|Freight service heads through platform 6, notice P6 and 7 are higher than the other platforms|