|Type:||National Rail (Midland Main Line
& Marston Vale Line)
The original Bedford station was opened in 1859 by the Midland Railway a few hundred metres away from the current site which opened in 1978. In the 1920s the station was renamed Bedford Midland Road though reverted back to its original name in 1988.
The station has grown steadily over the years with Marston Vale services which originally terminated at the former LNWR station at Bedford St. Johns being extended to Bedford in 1984 and using the new bay platform 1A.
There are plans for a radical rebuild of the station with a new station building back on the site of the original station and extended platforms and it will be the terminus for the new East-West Rail Link from Oxford due to be opened by 2024.
|An EMT Class 222 service heading North along the MML|
|Looking up the platform to the main overbridge|
|London Midland Marston Vale service in the care of a Class 150 Sprinter|
|Thameslink Class 387 service heads off South|