|Type:||Transport for London (District Line)|
The station was opened by the London & South Western Railway in 1869 on a new branch line to Richmond (which is the next stop on the line). The North London and Great Western Railways also ran services from the station in it's early days. Finally the District Railway arrived in 1877 and has remained ever since, now part of the London Underground empire of course.
The station has 2 platforms and surviving Victorian station buildings. Access to the platforms is via a subway. Over the station is a Grade II listed footbridge dating from 1912 to allow residents to safely cross the tracks. It is a rare example of Hennebique Ferro-Concrete construction.
|LO 378 226 on a London bound service|
|A District Line D78 departs for Richmond|
|LO 378 255 passes under the footbridge|