|Type:||Transport for London
(Jubilee Line & Docklands
The station was renamed Canning Town in 1873 and moved in 1888, with another move to the current site (the site of the former Thames Iron Works ) in 1995 as part of the new DLR line to Beckton. The biggest change came with the arrival of the Jubilee Line in 1999 as part of the Jubilee Line Extension Project which finally emerges into the daylight just before the station. In 2005 more platforms for the DLR's line to London City Airport were added.
Canning Town is a triple decker building with the booking hall below ground and the Jubilee Line platforms above it, the Beckton DLR platforms are on the top level . The latest DLR platforms are on ground level next to the Jubilee Line - though passengers need to go down to the booking hall before they can come back up for interchange.
|Jubilee Line 96ts 96024 at Canning Town|
|Looking down the Jubilee Line platform, stairs going up and down|
|City Airport branch DLR platforms|
|Jubilee Line train at the station|
|DLR train arrives at the City Airport branch platforms|
|Jubilee Line 96ts 96040|
 Jason Cross, London Underground Guide 2017 (Train Crazy, 2017) p. 108
 Paul Moss, London Underground (Haynes, 2014) p. 166
 Mike Horne, The Jubilee Line (Capital Transport, 2000) p. 73