(B'ham - Peterborough Line)
|Opened:||1864 (Closed 1968)|
Narborough was opened in 1864 by the South Leicestershire Railway, within a few years it was part of the London & North Western Railway empire. Near to the station were a number of granite quarries, a branch line junction and exchange sidings being next to Narborough station. The quarries and finally the branch were closed by 1980 .
Narborough also had a couple of goods sidings but these were closed in 1966, the station closed completely in 1968 . After support, including financial, from the local councils the station was re-opened in 1970. The station was refurbished in the early 2000s, the original station building remains though the ticket office is not always open and when the station is unstaffed the waiting room is locked.
Next to the station is a level crossing. A signal box still stands next to the crossing though is no longer in every day use. Although the station is managed by East Midlands Trains only Cross Country serve Narborough with a service usually every hour usually between Birmingham New Street and Leicester, but some also through to Stansted Airport.
|A Freightliner trains heads through the station|
|A Leicester bound XC service stops at Narborough|
|XC 170 108 prepares to depart|
|Footbridge, level crossing and signal box|
 Ibid. Fig. 60