(Severn Valley Railway)
|Opened:||1862 (Closed 1963)|
Bridgnorth became the headquarters for the fledgeling Severn Valley Railway Society in the late 1960s and work began on restoring the line to use. The first train ran from Bridgnorth to Hampton Loade in 1970 and since then the SVR has gradually extended down to Kidderminster. However the line North of Bridgnorth has never been restored and due to the trackbed being built on and other obstacles it is likely Bridgnorth will remain a terminus.
The station is currently undergoing a major improvement including a new building in the GWR style of the rest of the station and refurbished existing facilities. Adjacent to the station is Bridgnorth motive power depot and locomotive works. Access to the town is via a footbridge just outside the station.
|7812 brings in a train from Kidderminster|
|Steam and diesel locomotives outside the MPD|
|Inside the steam shed|
|Construction work at the station|
|Bridgnorth can seem pretty packed especially when two trains are in|
|A Warship heads off to the run around area beyond the station|