(Chiltern Main Line)
The station was opened by the Great Western Railway in 1906 on what was originally the line from London Paddington to Birkenhead Woodside at the junction of the North Warwickshire Line down to Stratford-upon-Avon , the station was known as Tyseley Junction for a time. The station has a ticket office and entrance on the main road bridge that crosses a wide cutting. The four platforms consist of two islands both of which retain their GWR canopies and platform buildings.
Tyseley did lose use of two of its platforms for a time but were restored by Network Rail in 2008. The station is remarkably unchanged from its GWR days though the track layout has been greatly simplified .
|London Midland 172 336 stops at Tyseley, notice the GWR canopy and buildings|
|Station on the right, on the left is the line to the MPD|
|A Cross Country service passes through the station|
|London Midland 172 336 arrives at the station|
|Tyseley Loco Works is host to a number of new build and restoration projects|
|Not just steam! 86 259 at an open day|
 Vic Mitchell & Keith Smith, Banbury to Birmingham (Middleton Press, 2004) map. XXVI
 Vic Mitchell & Keith Smith, Stratford-upon-Avon to Birmingham (Moor Street) (Middleton Press, 2006) fig. 94
 Birmingham Railway Museum Guide Book, p. 5