|Type:||Transport for London
(Circle, District &
A deep-level station called Gloucester Road was opened by the Great Northern, Piccadilly & Brompton Railway in 1906 on it's underground line between Finsbury Park and Hammersmith. The original station was renamed Gloucester Road in 1907 to match the deep-level station. The tube station had a separate station building which still exists but is now mainly used for retail , both stations now share entrances and a ticket office.
Nowadays the station is served by the Circle, District and Piccadilly Lines (no longer by the Metropolitan). The station has been much changed over the years, the sub-surface platforms were rafted over in the 1990s  to allow apartments and shops to be built on top though the station has retained a number of historic features including platform indicators. One of the four original sub-surface platforms is now disused.
|The sub-surface platforms|
|View from the footbridge|
|A District Line S7 stock train bound for Ealing Broadway|
|An S7 stock train waits to depart|
|Disused platform 4|
 Jason Cross, London Underground Guide 2017 (Train Crazy, 2017) p. 126
 Desmond F Croome, The Piccadilly Line (Capital Transport, 1998) p. 75
 Paul Moss, London Underground (Haynes, 2014) p. 160
 John Scott Morgan, London Underground in Colour since 1955 (Ian Allan, 2013) p. 17