Whatstandwell (WTS)

Whatstandwell serves the village of the same name and the village of Crick (and the nearby National Tramway Museum). The station is located on the Derwent Valley Line between Ambergate and Cromford. The original station, called Watstandwell Bridge, was opened by the Manchester, Buxton, Matlock and Midlands Junction Railway in 1849 the other side of Whatstandwell tunnel to the current station which dates from 1894 when the name was changed to the present one.

Type: National Rail
(Derwent Valley Line)
Station code: WTS
Opened: 1849
Platforms: 1
Whatstandwell now has only a single active platform after the singling of the Derwent Valley Line. The other platform is still in existence though is by now pretty overgrown however it does have a heritage station nameboard sign in the London Midland Scottish Railway "hawkseye" style. The footbridge gives access to the towpath of the Cromford Canal and over a further bridge into the village.

Whatstandwell is served by East Midland Trains from Matlock to Newark Castle and Nottingham via Derby.
EMT 156 410 departs heading for Matlock

Station footbridge, in the distance can be seen Whatstandwell Tunnel 
Disused platform and heritage sign

Footbridge leads to the canal towpath

General platform view, the station carpark is in the background
Station nameboard