|Type:||National Rail (Shakespeare Line)|
The station was opened in 1908 originally called Wootton Wawen Platform (which meant it had basic staffing and a parcels facility) but was renamed in 1974 . It was threatened with closure in the 1980s but managed to survive.
The station has two through roads, platform access is via two ramps down to road level. It is served by the hourly service on the line though as a request stop trains may not stop at the station unless a passenger requests it to the guard (or holds out their arm to an approaching train).
The station is now unstaffed and has basic facilities. Each platform has a single concrete shelter and there is a single information display per platform plus help points and a payphone.
|LM 172 335 arrives on a Stratford bound service|
|Bus shelter on the Stratford platform|
|LM 172 335 departs heading for Stratford|
|Platform 2 public information display - long wait for the next train!|
 Vic Mitchell and Keith Smith, Stratford-upon-Avon to Birmingham (Moor Street) (Middleton Press, 2006) p.41