(Snow Hill Lines)
Blakedown was opened in 1852 by the Great Western Railway as Churchill (Churchill was the name of an adjacent village and the neighbouring parish, Blakedown village was transferred to the parish in 1888). The name was later changed to Churchill & Blakedown before finally being changed to just Blakedown. The now disused signal box by the level crossing still carries the old name.
Blakedown is a simple unstaffed halt with just a couple of bus shelters on the platforms. Access between the two platforms is via the level crossing.
|WMT 172 341 arrives with a Birmingham bound service|
|GWR style station nameboard|
|Entrance to the Kidderminster platform|
|Signal box, notice the station name|