(North Downs Line)
The station was opened by the Reading, Guildford & Reigate Railway as Blackwater & York Town in 1849 . Early on the station was advertised as being the stop for the nearby Royal Military College at Sandhurst (though Sandhurst later had it's own station).
The station had a fine station building with some rather ornate brickwork, a cattle dock and other goods sidings controlled by a signal box. All these were gone by the early 1970s as Blackwater became an unstaffed station with bus shelters for waiting passenger comfort. Great Western Railway nowadays serves Blackwater with up to two trains an hour.
 Vic Mitchell & Keith Smith, Reading to Guildford (Middleton Press, 1988) Fig. 60