|Type:||Transport for London
The station was opened by the Central London Railway (later the Central Line) in 1920  on its extension West out to Ealing Broadway running on the Ealing & Shepherd's Bush Railway which had been built by the Great Western Railway for freight in the First World War.
The station was built on an embankment with steep steps down to street level  with buildings in a Great Western style . Wooden platform shelters of a traditional design were provided for passengers and these have been retained after station refurbishment.
|West bound 92ts 91101 arrives at East Acton|
|Look down the line towards Ealing, notice the narrowness of the platform|
|A West bound 92ts train arrives|
|Ready for boarding|
|Two passing Central Line trains, notice the wooden shelter|
 J. Graeme Bruce & Desmond F. Croome, The Twopenny Tube (Capital Transport, 1996) p. 27
 Robert Griffiths, London Underground past and present: the Central Line (Past & Present, 2007) p. 57
 John Scott Morgan, London Underground in Colour since 1955 (Ian Allan, 2013) p. 45